Saturday, February 20, 2016

Grateful

I used to think that if I didn't feel pressure, overworked, overwhelmed or constantly searching for a way to stay creative, I wouldn't achieve my goals;
The constant chaos felt like I was actively building on my career.
Obviously there are so many paths towards a victory––and while I did follow my dreams and accomplish so many of my goals, I wasn't always present.  I didn't always feel satisfied with the outcome; worse, I almost never enjoyed the moment as it was happening.
I'd look back with a sadness––if only I would have enjoyed that process (I'd think to myself).
I woke up and decided that I no longer wanted to live with those feelings.
Rather than focusing on the past, I decided to concentrate on the present.
This requires letting go of the things I cannot change, and accepting that, no matter how hard I try, I can't predict the future.
I have to be present, now.
Every time I start to feel like I'm not doing enough, I close my eyes, take a deep breath and focus on this moment.
Awareness has been my way to a new adventure; my only goal is to enjoy the moment for whatever it brings.  The old me would have been terrified that I wasn't trying hard enough––the new me is ready to be grateful for whatever the day has to offer.

No comments: