Friday, January 15, 2016

Let It Go.

Letting go of the past will set me free;
Or at least give me the permission to make space for the present.
I have a tendency to overanalyze situations and events.
As I work on finding a more peaceful balance in my life, I must accept that the past is behind me; good, bad or indifferent––I cannot change the circumstance or even the outcome, but I can shift the way I react to the memory.
Memories are similar to a roadmap; guiding us back to a place in time.
Once I can look at that map as a point of reference, so as not to make the same choice (if it was a negative experience) I will have a powerful tool.
I can acknowledge the experience, release the painful scenario and approach the present with a peaceful mind and a valuable compass.
History only repeats itself––good or bad, when we allow it too.
I’d rather make history than repeat it.

No comments: