Sunday, January 10, 2016

Happiness

My grandma always used to say, “If you have to cross the street to find happiness, you’ve gone too far.”
I’d respond with a groan and remind her that I’d heard that before––she’d smile and say, just remember it.
Now that she is gone, I think about her and that saying all of the time.
I miss her laughter, the smell of her soft skin, her unconditional love, wisdom, support and guidance.
Thankfully, I hear her voice speaking in my head often; usually reminding me that happiness is within.
As I continue to work on evolving into a more enlightened person, I seek knowledge from others who have discovered their inner light.
While reading a chapter in, A New Earth, I was reminded of my grams favorite saying, and it suddenly made sense in a whole new way.
Searching for happiness is not the answer, exploring why I might be unhappy with a circumstance is more productive, and allows me to move past the obstacle there by making room for a positive reaction.
Happiness is not something you are, it is something you work toward everyday––in releasing the doubt and accepting light.

No comments: