Sunday, September 6, 2015

I Hate Goodbye.

I hate saying goodbye.
Despite my usually positive outlook, saying goodbye always seems so definite.
The past three weeks have reminded me how quickly life can change, and now more than ever the word hovers as proof that you’re leaving and you may not ever see this person again.
I spent the past weeks bonding with my sister in a way I never thought possible.
We were always close growing up, but once we got to high school our lives started to head in different directions––we were becoming adults.
As adults, we saw one another on the big holidays and major life events, as you do when you live across the country from your family.
A terrible illness shutdown my sisters system, but it simultaneously revived our bond.
Thankfully she is almost entirely recovered, and our connection is reinvigorated.
I look forward to the next chapter in our relationship; regardless of time or distance my sister is forever in my heart and I will guard her eternally.
We may not be near each other every day, but she is with me and that brings me incredible peace of mind.

No comments: