Sunday, July 12, 2015

Love and Marriage


Twelve years together;
Two years legally recognized by the state of California.
Now, officially acknowledge across the United States.
As a kid I dreamed of being married with children.
(I also dreamed of being rich and famous.) Both are a work in progress.
Earlier in my life I struggled to accept that I was gay, it meant giving up on a committed relationship and raising a family.
Thankfully (and at the exact right time in my life) I found a man who would inspire me, challenge me, support me, and validate me; all while making me laugh.
I believe in God for the very reason that He lead me to my dreams––despite the fact that they look a little different than the “normal” I grew up believing in.
Love comes in many different packages, mine although not perfect, is still the best gift I’ve ever received.

No comments: