Sunday, July 19, 2015

Life on Tour

I’m an adventurist.
Never one to shy away from an unearthed path; I seek adrenaline in discovering new heights––personally and professionally.
Working on the road is has been an endless journey in self-awareness and evolution.
I’ve spent the past twenty years traveling for my job.
It’s sounds glamorous––hotels, exotic locations, new cultures, food, fancy parties, everything you imagine exists.
However the setbacks come a with a laundry list as well.
When I was in my early twenties I savored waking up in a new city ready to learn, I racked up the frequent flyer miles, too.
Experiencing the world on someone else’s dollar is not a bad way to earn a living.
I learned how to communicate in foreign languages, make the most of ten hours in a new city, get lost in a cathedral, pack a carry-on for a fifteen day trip, find the perfect cup of coffee, and socialize with strangers. My time on the road has been well spent.
Now in my late thirties, I’m running out of steam. Flying all night, public transportation, missing workouts, no time to meditate, eating poorly, drinking until all hours of the night, lumpy hotel beds, and long nights away from my husband and puppies is taking its toll.
I’m ready for a new adventure: Fatherhood.
I’m an artist and I will always seek out new opportunities that push me from my comfort zone.  It’s time to create something bigger than me.
I’m at the fork in the road, and ready to try a new path.

No comments: