Saturday, January 3, 2015

Coffee Talk

One of my favorite activities while visiting my family over the holidays is to go out for coffee with my mom or dad.
Bonding over a warm caffeinated beverage in the Colorado cold is the ideal way to share our lives.
Exchanging victories, laughing about old memories and comforting one another on losses and setbacks.
My mom and dad have always been my heroes.
Their support, leadership, knowledge and love have guided me from childhood to adulthood; and I continue to learn and laugh with them every opportunity I get.
My dad and I spent our mornings sharing stories on the way to school.
My mom and I have been addicted to Starbucks and social hour just as long...
For me, it's the simple joy of sitting down with either of them and getting to know them; not as mom or dad––but as people with vibrant backstories.
Sure, we could bond just as easily at home, but there's something about a cup of "joe" that makes the moment that much stronger!

No comments: