Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Saying Goodbye to 2014

Sitting in a gorgeous cabin in the snow covered hills,
I realize how blessed I am.
For no other reason than the simple fact that I have friends and family who share their blessings with me.
2014 has been a year of growth.
It wasn't always easy, nor was it a year full of major victories.
At times I felt like I was in a holding pattern–– every hurdle was twice as high and road blocks kept me changing the course.
I punished myself for things that were out of my control.  
I was angry that I couldn't do more. (A common theme in my life, and a curse that I'm hoping to "resolve" in the New Year.)
I accomplished obstacles that had once been forgotten goals:
going back to school, getting back into acting classes, finding a way (and the time) to stay in yoga.
As with every year, I laughed.  Not nearly enough this year, but that will also be a challenge for 2015.
Loss, sadness and guilt were a major part of 2014.  More than any other year in my life that I can remember.
It's time to let it go.  Saying goodbye is extremely difficult and painful.
However, I've tortured myself enough, and in order to grow––I must forgive myself.
Life is too short, and I have a brightness in me that deserves the opportunity to shine. (We all do.)
So here's a salute to a year of learning, and to the year ahead, may it bring the evolution and opportunity I'm ready for!

No comments: