Monday, October 13, 2014

Stop Picking!

I have a terrible addiction to picking at things.  Primarily scabs.
It all started when I was a young child.  I suffered from painful earaches, which lead me to rubbing my ears uncontrollably until their was a scab, and naturally I would continue to pick at the scab.
It was a brutal cycle of self-abuse, just when the infected wound would heal, I'd dig right back in.
As a teenager, the nightmare continued with the onset of acne! I was like a migrant worker farming for zits.
Once I discovered Retin-A and puberty had calmed down, so did my obsession for picking...
At my skin anyway.  What I've come to realize is, as an adult I continue to pick--at problems.
I will pick away at a question or project until I cause a full gash in the situation, thus forcing me to deal with the larger dilemma at hand.
I'm not proud of this dirty little habit, alas any good picker knows, once you start, the scar never leaves!

No comments: