Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A New Word For Goodbye?

I have a difficult time saying goodbye-
Such a simple word, to describe an act that is so loaded with emotion.
Someone is leaving.
Will they comeback? Will you see them again?  Won't you miss them?  Won't they miss me?
We use the word goodbye so casually, it feels like we should have a more appropriate word for a longtime send-off.
"I-love-you-and-I'm-going-to-miss-you-and-I-want-to-remember-this-moment-and-your-laugh-and-the-way-you-smell-and-our-moring-coffees-and-our-addiction-to-posting-photos-and-shopping-sprees-and-I-love-you!"
See.  Doesn't that feel like more than "goodbye"?
But I have no choice.  My mom is leaving, and I have to say something; so I guess it will be thank you and goodbye, followed with a long hug.
Until next time!

No comments: