Thursday, September 11, 2014

Remembering

It's hard to believe that thirteen years have passed since that unimaginable day in New York City.
I woke up to the sound of crying, my roommate had been up earlier than I, and saw the first plane fly into the World Trade tower.
We watched in horror as the second plane flew into the second tower-
We knew then it was no accident.
More than the fear, the overwhelming smell of smoke and destruction, and the looming uncertainty, I will remember how my New Yorkers and America united that day.
I was never more grateful to have my friends, who after that day, will forever be my family.  We cried together.  We comforted one another.  We prayed.  We told stories, which turned into much needed laughter.
On that day, we lost our innocents.  Through it all, I had my friends, who from then on, I consider members of my family.

No comments: