Friday, August 15, 2014

Mom and Dad; My Heroes

I didn't realize it when I was younger-
As an adult, I can comprehend how extraordinary my parents are.
Growing up they gave me: discipline, guidance, support, unconditional love and the confidence to follow my passion; they continue to do so now.  Moreover, they have become my friends.
When I feel like giving up, they're my coach-building me up.
If I need to cry, they provide a shoulder and words of wisdom to cheer me up.
When my ego takes over, they're there to remind me who I am.
When I need help, they continue to offer whatever they can.
I know how lucky I am, I count my blessings everyday.
I have a mom and dad that continue to be my number one fans, whether I'm teaching, performing, writing or working as a waiter; their love and pride is an example of true parenting.

No comments: