Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sense Memory

After all the complaints I make about life on tour,
I figure the least I can do is share a happy memory.
As I was walking out of the hotel elevator after a very long day in the theatre last night, I was flooded with the aroma of hotel pool carpet and the buzzing of the ice machine in the alcove in the hallway.
I was instantly transported to my childhood; wonderful vacations with my family.  Traveling with my grandmas and grandpas was such an adventure, and continues to be with the pair I'm blessed to have left.
It never mattered where we were going, or what we were doing, the love and laughter that surrounded me was overwhelming.
My family gave me the gift of confidence, Faith and unconditional love.  I'm grateful to have that reminder today- life is short, so make it count.
Worry less about the "have nots" and remember the blessings.

No comments: