Tuesday, June 10, 2014

RX: Vacation

Is it that obvious I NEED a vacation?
Apparently the answer is YES!
One of my closest friends reached out to me yesterday,
"Don't take this the wrong way, but I've known you long enough to tell you, I think you need to take a break."
She's right.
My journey feels more like a job than an adventure.  I've been pushing myself to continue to create and stay motivated, that I discounted the idea that my mind and body need to rest, too.
After all, what's the point in working so hard, if I'm not going to give myself some time to sit back and enjoy the results?
Following the cover shoot for my book this week (which is TOTALLY EXCITING) I'm going to Hawaii-
A trip that was planned months ago, and I was actually dreading it.  Until I realized, with the help of my friend, that EVERYONE needs some down time.
Hopefully in two weeks, I will come back recharged and inspired!

No comments: