Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Art of Balance in Hollywood

It's so easy to get wrapped up in the LA scene-
Hustling for meetings, pitching your fabulous projects, relentless SELF-promotion;
You start to buy into the idea that you're only a success if you have two TV pilots in production, a movie deal with NBCUniversal, your own reality TV show and 10 BILLION followers on Instagram!
It's exhausting, but you're trapped into this belief that if you take a break you'll lose EVERYTHING!
When my mom comes to visit, I'm forced to STOP.  Family reminds you that there are far more important things in life than how you look on camera.  My loved ones knew me when I was just a little kid with a huge imagination and an enormous dream.
They continue to support my adventure, offering their love and encouragement.
I strive to live with balance in my life-  Naturally, I'm not perfect.  I do, however, fight to be a better person every day.
Therefore, in honor of my thirty-SOMETHING birthday, and my family in town I'm going to give myself the week off.
There will be plenty of time to conquer Hollywood next week, and if "Hollywood" forget who I am in a week, I'll just stage a "comeback" by checking myself into trendy rehab facility- I may have to do that anyway after this week!

No comments: