Friday, December 6, 2013

I Hate Goodbyes!

I've always had a rough time saying goodbye.
Today was no exception!
After a wonderful week with my mom, the time has come for her to return home.
I try to remind myself to enjoy my time with her, and remember that I'll see her again soon-
Unfortunately, no matter how old I get or how much time I'm able to spend with her, saying goodbye kills me.
I will miss her warm energy, laughter and sassy commentary.
But more than anything else, I will miss how safe and protected I feel while she's visiting.
I think I have such a tough time with goodbyes, because I realize how long the space between "hello" can be.
I'm grateful for 21st Century technology.
FaceTime has revolutionized long-distance communication, but nothing will replace the caring embrace of my mom or the delicious smell of her homemade pizza!
Safe travels mom.  I can't wait for the next hello!

No comments: